Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/07 14:22:25 UTC

Fediz - intended project direction?

What is the intended project direction for Fediz, is it intended that:

- the default out of the box setup of Fediz will provide users with a SAML
/ OAUTH solutions similar to WSO2 identity server or OpenSSO?, or
- Fediz will be a framework that you have to configure you your specific
requirements.

Many thanks,

Chris

Re: Fediz - intended project direction?

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Oli,

That's awesome - I'll get back up to speed on the project over the
next couple of weeks and give some feedback.

Many thanks,

Chris

http://lnkd.in/cw5k69

RE: Fediz - intended project direction?

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
If you don't mind I'd like to move this dicussion to the dev list.

Just thinking out loud... the Fediz IDP should become an application but might still require to deploy the WAR into your favorite servlet container.

When the new feature (FEDIZ-3) is completed we're close for 1.1.0 release. But this still requires to customize spring configs to integrate the IDP into your company's security infrastructure. What is missing is a GUI. I'd like to see putting some REST interfaces for the IDP/STS which is used by either a command line tool and web console. The REST services should cover:
- configure a trusted IDP (certificate, claims transformation, ...)
- configure a relying party (application, ...)
- configure an IDP instance (authentication backend, signer certificate, ...)

Thanks
Oli

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
I don't really understand your question. The Fediz Plugin (deployed on the relying party side) is a framework component which must be plugged into an existing container.

The IDP will provide new functionality with the new release. What exactly are you looking for as a deliverable?

Thanks
Oli