Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Fedotov, Alexei A" <al...@intel.com> on 2006/11/01 00:43:20 UTC

RE: [drlvm][crash] Cannot run anything on Linux

Mikhail,
I'm still able to reproduce the problem on the following configuration.

$ cat /etc/SuSE-release
SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (i586)
VERSION = 9

Probably I just need to increase a SuSE patch level to overcome this
problem.

$ set
BASH_VERSINFO=([0]="2" [1]="05b" [2]="0" [3]="1" [4]="release"
[5]="i586-suse-linux")
COLUMNS=80
EUID=54305
LINES=39
PIPESTATUS=([0]="134")
PPID=24369
SHELLOPTS=braceexpand:emacs:hashall:histexpand:interactive-comments:moni
torUID=54305
_=n

$ drlvm/trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jre/bin/java n
free(): invalid pointer 0x8089ee0!
free(): invalid pointer 0x808af18!

An unhandled error (4) has occurred.
HyGeneric_Signal_Number=00000004
Signal_Number=0000000b
Error_Value=00000000
Signal_Code=00000001
Handler1=0804A830
Handler2=40026651
InaccessibleAddress=00000000
EDI=415DFEA0
ESI=00000000
EAX=FFFFFFFF
EBX=4063DC6C
ECX=40629F4C
EDX=BFFFE6D0
EIP=405D864D
ES=0000007B
DS=0000007B
ESP=BFFFE6A0
EFlags=00010206
CS=00000073
SS=0000007B
EBP=BFFFE6B8
Module=/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5
Module_base_address=40587000
Symbol=_ZNSt6localeaSERKS_
Symbol_address=405D8620
Aborted

A symbol name mentioned "locale" - Gregory mentioned we could have
problems here on compilation stage.

I tried to debug this using gdb, set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to bin:bin/default,
and got the following:

(gdb) run
Starting program:
/nfs/ims/proj/drl/mrt/users/af/ws/1/drlvm/trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug
/deploy/jre/bin/java n

[New Thread 1080382112 (LWP 17283)]
[New Thread 1083587504 (LWP 17284)]
Cannot find user-level thread for LWP 17283: generic error

(gdb) bt
#0  0x40000990 in _start () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2

With best regards,
Alexei Fedotov,
Intel Java & XML Engineering

Posted by Egor Pasko <eg...@gmail.com>.
On the 0x214 day of Apache Harmony Alexei A. Fedotov wrote:
> Mikhail,
> I'm still able to reproduce the problem on the following configuration.
>
> $ cat /etc/SuSE-release
> SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (i586)
> VERSION = 9
>
> Probably I just need to increase a SuSE patch level to overcome this
> problem.
>
> $ set
> BASH_VERSINFO=([0]="2" [1]="05b" [2]="0" [3]="1" [4]="release"
> [5]="i586-suse-linux")
> COLUMNS=80
> EUID=54305
> LINES=39
> PIPESTATUS=([0]="134")
> PPID=24369
> SHELLOPTS=braceexpand:emacs:hashall:histexpand:interactive-comments:moni
> torUID=54305
> _=n
>
> $ drlvm/trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jre/bin/java n
> free(): invalid pointer 0x8089ee0!
> free(): invalid pointer 0x808af18!
>
> An unhandled error (4) has occurred.
> HyGeneric_Signal_Number=00000004
> Signal_Number=0000000b
> Error_Value=00000000
> Signal_Code=00000001
> Handler1=0804A830
> Handler2=40026651
> InaccessibleAddress=00000000
> EDI=415DFEA0
> ESI=00000000
> EAX=FFFFFFFF
> EBX=4063DC6C
> ECX=40629F4C
> EDX=BFFFE6D0
> EIP=405D864D
> ES=0000007B
> DS=0000007B
> ESP=BFFFE6A0
> EFlags=00010206
> CS=00000073
> SS=0000007B
> EBP=BFFFE6B8
> Module=/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5
> Module_base_address=40587000
> Symbol=_ZNSt6localeaSERKS_
> Symbol_address=405D8620
> Aborted
>
> A symbol name mentioned "locale" - Gregory mentioned we could have
> problems here on compilation stage.
>
> I tried to debug this using gdb, set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to bin:bin/default,
> and got the following:

AFAIR, they should be absolute paths, no symbolic links inside

> (gdb) run
> Starting program:
> /nfs/ims/proj/drl/mrt/users/af/ws/1/drlvm/trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug
> /deploy/jre/bin/java n

> [New Thread 1080382112 (LWP 17283)]
> [New Thread 1083587504 (LWP 17284)]
> Cannot find user-level thread for LWP 17283: generic error

that indicates you have problems with LD_LIBRARY_PATH