Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Monsorno <li...@exolution.de> on 2004/03/09 11:13:57 UTC

How to deploy a war-file to tomcat 4?

Hi all,

I have a war-file containing my application, and the application needs
a data source.  A not too unusual situation, I suppose.

Now, when I install my application (by copying the war to the
webapp-dir by using the manager app), it won't run, because it has no
data source available.  To provide a data source, I must define a
context for my web-app, thus specify the docBase directory where my
jsp-files are, which does not exist because I didn't have the
application installed at the time.  And tomcat will not accept my
war-file after defining the context and complains, that the
application already exists at this path.  What was first, the hen or
the egg?

How do you all make this?  I just want to be able to configure a data
source one times, and then just install a war-file from time to time.

--
Martin