Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com> on 2014/01/09 09:36:55 UTC

Bloodhound Release 8

Now that work is completed for the Trac 0.12.6/1.0.2/1.1.2 milestones, I'm
looking at the Bloodhound Release 8 milestone and it seems that we have a
large number of issues that have been fixed, but also a large number of
potential blockers.

For the Release 8 milestone I have 11 tickets assigned to me, which I
intend to work over the next week. It would be helpful if others could go
through the tickets associated with Release 8 and decide if they are
blockers that can be resolved in the next week or two, and if not, move
them to Release 9.

I had hoped Release 9 would be the one in which we can integrate fixes from
the Trac 1.0.2 release, but depending on when that release happens and how
ambitious we are with creating another Bloodhound release, integration of
the changes from Trac 1.0.2 may need to wait until the Bloodhound Release
10.

- Ryan

Re: Bloodhound Release 8

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.
On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/5/14, Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 6:59 PM, Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>
> wrote:
> [...]
> >>
> >> I apologize to those that are subscribed to commits@ for all of the
> noise
> >> today. I hope that the result will be a clearer picture of what we need
> >> fix to get to the 1.0 release.
> >>

> afaict ... good !
>

> > I've completed a review of all of the tickets going back to about #250 or
> > so. Earlier tickets still need to be reviewed, but since many of them are
> > stale by now, I think Olemis or Gary could do this better and faster
> than I
> > can, so I kindly ask for their help.
> >

> I'll spend some time on this tomorrow .
>
> > Please comment if you see any tickets that you think I haven't targeted
> > the correct milestone. We have 60+ that look like they need to be fixed
> > before we can get to 1.0, not counting the "Trac 1.0.2" tickets that I've
> > already assigned to Release 9.
> > https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/milestone/next%200.x
> >
> > Tickets that don't need to be fixed for Release 1.0 (according to my best
> > judgement), I've put in the "Unscheduled" milestone.
> > https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/milestone/Unscheduled
> >
> > I needed a placeholder for Bloodhound tickets that depend on a Trac
> ticket
> > that will be fixed in a 1.1.x release, and so we probably won't integrate
> > the changes until Trac 1.2 is release. The "next 1.x" milestone was
> created
> > for this purpose:
> > https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/milestone/next%201.x
> >

> Maybe it will be useful to include those explanations in milestone
> descriptions . I just do not have necessary privileges to do so .

Good idea. I will add the descriptions.

Re: Bloodhound Release 8

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.

Olemis - @olemislc

Re: Bloodhound Release 8

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.

Re: Bloodhound Release 8

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.

Re: Bloodhound Release 8

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.

Re: Bloodhound Release 8

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 5:11 PM, Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 12:36 AM, Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Now that work is completed for the Trac 0.12.6/1.0.2/1.1.2 milestones,
> I'm
> > looking at the Bloodhound Release 8 milestone and it seems that we have a
> > large number of issues that have been fixed, but also a large number of
> > potential blockers.
> >
> > For the Release 8 milestone I have 11 tickets assigned to me, which I
> > intend to work over the next week. It would be helpful if others could go
> > through the tickets associated with Release 8 and decide if they are
> > blockers that can be resolved in the next week or two, and if not, move
> > them to Release 9.
> >
> > I had hoped Release 9 would be the one in which we can integrate fixes
> > from the Trac 1.0.2 release, but depending on when that release happens
> and
> > how ambitious we are with creating another Bloodhound release,
> integration
> > of the changes from Trac 1.0.2 may need to wait until the Bloodhound
> > Release 10.
> >
> > - Ryan
> >

> Please take a look at what is assigned to Release 8 before the weekend if
> you can. In absence of any feedback, I'll start narrowing down the scope of
> Release 8 by moving tickets to Release 9, with the aim of starting the
> release process on 01/24.

In a minute ...

Olemis - @olemislc

Re: Bloodhound Release 8

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.

Re: Bloodhound Release 8

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 2/18/14, Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> Seems to be a regression of #704 probably related to #635 , #601 .

... and it is affecting submissions via /newticket form as well .

Olemis - @olemislc

Re: Bloodhound Release 8

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ryan !

On 2/17/14, Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com> wrote:
[...]
>  - The patch in #750 is requesting review

/me reviewing but ...

>  - I've been working on #695, #756 and #757 and plan to close those out

good !
\o/

[...]
> If you see anything else that looks critical please mention the ticket
> here. I'll do some ticket triage once i.a.o is back.

I was applying the patches for #750 and noticed that this error is
still hapenning on instances connected to PostgreSQL DB .

{{{

2014-02-18 16:51:44,645 Trac[theme] ERROR: BH: Quick create ticket
failed column "product" specified more than once
LINE 1: ...one,component,version,resolution,time,changetime, product) V...
                                                             ^
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/path/to/bloodhound/bloodhound_theme/bhtheme/theme.py", line
601, in process_request
    product, tid = self.create(req, summary, desc, attrs, True)
  File "/path/to/bloodhound/bloodhound_theme/bhtheme/theme.py", line
644, in create
    t.insert()
  File "/path/to/bloodhound/trac/trac/ticket/model.py", line 241, in insert
    [values[name] for name in std_fields])
  File "/path/to/bloodhound/bloodhound_multiproduct/multiproduct/dbcursor.py",
line 145, in execute
    return self.cursor.execute(sql, args=args)
  File "/path/to/bloodhound/bloodhound_multiproduct/multiproduct/dbcursor.py",
line 85, in execute
    return super(BloodhoundIterableCursor,
self).execute(translate_sql(self.env, sql), args=args)
  File "/path/to/bloodhound/trac/trac/db/util.py", line 65, in execute
    return self.cursor.execute(sql_escape_percent(sql), args)
ProgrammingError: column "product" specified more than once
LINE 1: ...one,component,version,resolution,time,changetime, product) V...

}}}

Seems to be a regression of #704 probably related to #635 , #601 .

Olemis - @olemislc

Apache(tm) Bloodhound contributor
http://issues.apache.org/bloodhound
http://blood-hound.net

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:

Re: Bloodhound Release 8

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.
On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 7:10 AM, Saint Germain <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Hello Ryan,
> >>
> >> For me I only wish to commit 2 tickets (#694 "i18n" and #741 "whoosh")
> >> if that is fine with you.
> >>

> > That sounds good. Do you think you can commit the work by the end of the
> > weekend?
> >

> Hello Ryan !
>
> I will commit at the latest saturday. I would like to give Olemis some
> time to review my latest patch (but there are not many changes so I
> think it is correct).

With #694 closed, I guess it is time to move towards a release. There are a
few action items that we could get closure on by Wednesday,

 - The patch in #750 is requesting review
 - I've been working on #695, #756 and #757 and plan to close those out
 - I plan to review Antony's latest patch in #727 and hopefully that can be
integrated

Re: Bloodhound Release 8

Posted by Saint Germain <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bloodhound Release 8

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.
On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 4:08 PM, Saint Germain <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Feb 2014 12:46:18 -0500, Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>
> wrote :
>
> > On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 3:36 AM, Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Now that work is completed for the Trac 0.12.6/1.0.2/1.1.2
> > > milestones, I'm looking at the Bloodhound Release 8 milestone and
> > > it seems that we have a large number of issues that have been
> > > fixed, but also a large number of potential blockers.
> > >
> > > For the Release 8 milestone I have 11 tickets assigned to me, which
> > > I intend to work over the next week. It would be helpful if others
> > > could go through the tickets associated with Release 8 and decide
> > > if they are blockers that can be resolved in the next week or two,
> > > and if not, move them to Release 9.
> > >
> > > I had hoped Release 9 would be the one in which we can integrate
> > > fixes from the Trac 1.0.2 release, but depending on when that
> > > release happens and how ambitious we are with creating another
> > > Bloodhound release, integration of the changes from Trac 1.0.2 may
> > > need to wait until the Bloodhound Release 10.
> > >
> > > - Ryan
> > >

> > It's clear now that I've missed the previous deadline that I was
> > aiming for, due to getting focused on various issues. Let's target
> > this Friday for creating a stable branch that will be used for the
> > release. We can then start testing and integrating minor fixes if
> > necessary, with the aim of producing a release several days later.
> >
> > Since we have two new committers on board, let's make sure to
> > communicate which tickets and features we intend to include in the
> > release. I'll be reviewing tickets today and will follow-up with my
> > own list. If there's something in particular that you think should be
> > included, but you won't have time to integrate the changes before
> > Friday, please propose an alternative date (such as end of the
> > weekend).
> >

> Hello Ryan,
>
> For me I only wish to commit 2 tickets (#694 "i18n" and #741 "whoosh")
> if that is fine with you.

That sounds good. Do you think you can commit the work by the end of the
weekend?

> I also would like (with Release 9 or 10) to write a description of
> Bloodhound and post it to a french technical website (though I'll write
> first in english and translate after).
>
> I find it useful for getting feedbacks as people there are quite
> knowledgeable. It can also attract more contributors.
>
> I will send the paper on the mailing-list for review. That way if there
> is anything wrong or incorrectly described, people can correct me.
>
> I hope that it won't kill the demo website with a slashdot effect. ;-)

We can always use more visibility, so sounds great :) I look forward to
reading.

Re: Bloodhound Release 8

Posted by Saint Germain <sa...@gmail.com>.
wrote :

> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 3:36 AM, Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Now that work is completed for the Trac 0.12.6/1.0.2/1.1.2
> > milestones, I'm looking at the Bloodhound Release 8 milestone and
> > it seems that we have a large number of issues that have been
> > fixed, but also a large number of potential blockers.
> >
> > For the Release 8 milestone I have 11 tickets assigned to me, which
> > I intend to work over the next week. It would be helpful if others
> > could go through the tickets associated with Release 8 and decide
> > if they are blockers that can be resolved in the next week or two,
> > and if not, move them to Release 9.
> >
> > I had hoped Release 9 would be the one in which we can integrate
> > fixes from the Trac 1.0.2 release, but depending on when that
> > release happens and how ambitious we are with creating another
> > Bloodhound release, integration of the changes from Trac 1.0.2 may
> > need to wait until the Bloodhound Release 10.
> >
> > - Ryan
> >

> It's clear now that I've missed the previous deadline that I was
> aiming for, due to getting focused on various issues. Let's target
> this Friday for creating a stable branch that will be used for the
> release. We can then start testing and integrating minor fixes if
> necessary, with the aim of producing a release several days later.
>
> Since we have two new committers on board, let's make sure to
> communicate which tickets and features we intend to include in the
> release. I'll be reviewing tickets today and will follow-up with my
> own list. If there's something in particular that you think should be
> included, but you won't have time to integrate the changes before
> Friday, please propose an alternative date (such as end of the
> weekend).

Hello Ryan,

For me I only wish to commit 2 tickets (#694 "i18n" and #741 "whoosh")
if that is fine with you.

I also would like (with Release 9 or 10) to write a description of
Bloodhound and post it to a french technical website (though I'll write
first in english and translate after).

I find it useful for getting feedbacks as people there are quite
knowledgeable. It can also attract more contributors.

I will send the paper on the mailing-list for review. That way if there
is anything wrong or incorrectly described, people can correct me.

I hope that it won't kill the demo website with a slashdot effect. ;-)

Best regards,

Re: Bloodhound Release 8

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.