Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by "Millies, Sebastian" <Se...@softwareag.com> on 2012/01/20 09:10:33 UTC

Performance optimization of binding.sca ?

Hello there,

I have a question about the performance optimization of binding.sca in Tuscany 1.6.
Suppose I manually create and start two nodes in the same JVM, as follows:

SCANodeFactory factory = SCANodeFactory.newInstance();
SCANode node_1 = factory.createSCANode( composite_1, contributions_1 );
SCANode node_2 = factory.createSCANode( composite_2, contributions_2 );
node_1.start();
node_2.start();

Suppose further that component A in composite 1 references a service of component B in
composite 2, and both the reference and service expose <binding.sca/> .

Will there be any internal emulation of a remote call, SOAP parsing etc? Or will Tuscany make
a direct call, perhaps using Java reflection?

n  Sebastian

IDS Scheer Consulting GmbH
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Kamyar Niroumand, Ivo Totev
Sitz/Registered office: Altenkesseler Straße 17, 66115 Saarbrücken, Germany - Registergericht/Commercial register: Saarbrücken HRB 19681
http://www.softwareag.com

Re: Performance optimization of binding.sca ?

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Millies, Sebastian <
Sebastian.Millies@softwareag.com> wrote:

>  Hello there,
>

> I have a question about the performance optimization of binding.sca in
> Tuscany 1.6.
>
> Suppose I manually create and start two nodes in the same JVM, as follows:
>

> SCANodeFactory factory = SCANodeFactory.newInstance();
>
> SCANode node_1 = factory.createSCANode( composite_1, contributions_1 );
>
> SCANode node_2 = factory.createSCANode( composite_2, contributions_2 );
>
> node_1.start();
>
> node_2.start();
>

> Suppose further that component A in composite 1 references a service of
> component B in
>
> composite 2, and both the reference and service expose <binding.sca/> .
>

> Will there be any internal emulation of a remote call, SOAP parsing etc?
> Or will Tuscany make
>
> a direct call, perhaps using Java reflection?
>

> n  Sebastian
>

> IDS Scheer Consulting GmbH
> Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Kamyar Niroumand, Ivo Totev
> Sitz/Registered office: Altenkesseler Straße 17, 66115 Saarbrücken,
> Germany - Registergericht/Commercial register: Saarbrücken HRB 19681
> *http://www.softwareag.com* <http://www.softwareag.com>

Hi Sebastien.

The idea was that an optimization would be used in that scenario where data
is serialized across class loaders but without the requirement for a full
remote protocol transformation. While we can detect the scenario I don't
think the optimization is in place.

Regards

Simon