Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Wesselman, Nick J. (James Tower)" <NJ...@jamestower.com> on 2005/05/08 00:30:35 UTC

Good Luck

Sorry to pollute the dev list like this, but as a huge fan of Java and
OSS, I wish the best of luck to you all on this project.

I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it for opportunities to help out.
It's really exciting to see the Apache foundation tackling this.

Nick

Re: Isolating running Java program

Posted by Mark Wielaard <ma...@klomp.org>.
Hi,

On Sun, 2005-05-08 at 03:29 +0200, Rivaaj Jumna wrote:
> Not sure if this has been asked as yet but has any thought been given to
> implementing the option of isolating running Java programs within a single
> JVM process? Sort of like application domains for Java.

You might take a look at this usenix paper "Processes in KaffeOS:
Isolation, Resource Management, and Sharing in Java"
http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/osdi2000/full_papers/back/back.pdf

Cheers,

Mark

Re: Isolating running Java program

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
Hi,

There has been work done on this within the JCP. Specifically you may
want to look at JSR #121 "Application Isolation API Specification" at

http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=121
http://bitser.net/isolate-interest/

HTHs,

Peter Donald