Posted to builds@apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2010/02/12 09:42:23 UTC

Nexus Server returned Http response code: 502

Hi,

Last night I made a first attempt at setting up Apache Portals project build jobs on Hudson.
So far it went pretty easy, at least first builds went perfectly fine, deploying SNAPSHOTs to Nexus and all.
However, when I (manually) triggered a second build I received the following error for both build jobs I configured:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Error retrieving previous build number for artifact 'org.apache.portals:portals-pom:pom': repository metadata for: 'snapshot
org.apache.portals:portals-pom:1.3-SNAPSHOT' could not be retrieved from repository: apache.snapshots.https due to an error: Error
transferring file: Server returned HTTP response code: 502 for URL:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/portals/portals-pom/1.3-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Error retrieving previous build number for artifact 'org.apache.portals.pluto:pluto:pom': repository metadata for: 'snapshot
org.apache.portals.pluto:pluto:2.0.1-SNAPSHOT' could not be retrieved from repository: apache.snapshots.https due to an error: Error
transferring file: Server returned HTTP response code: 502 for URL:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/portals/pluto/pluto/2.0.1-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml

See:
   http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Portals/job/portals-pom-trunk/2/console
   http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Portals/job/portals-pluto-trunk/2/console

Odd thing is, when I thereafter tried to access these maven-metadata.xml directly through a browser I had no problem.
And when I initiated a new build for both of them, it succeeded again.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and how we can fix this or prevent from happening?

Regards,

Ate