Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Wes Bramhall <We...@widen.com> on 2004/01/08 20:21:57 UTC

expected form elements, additional id requested

Error message (stale link):
	Rewind of form EditRolePermissions/$Form expected only 179 form
elements, but an additional id was requested by component
EditRolePermissions/$Submit$0.

<form jwcid="@Form>
	<input jwcid="@Submit" listener="ognl:listeners.formSubmit"
label="Submit" />
	<editing jwcid="@Conditional" condition="ognl:editing">
		<input jwcid="@Submit"
listener="ognl:listeners.cancelClicked" label="Cancel" />
	</editing>
</form>

I get the error when editing == false, and I click on the Submit button.
This page works perfectly well if editing == true and both buttons are
displayed.

This seems so simple, so I fear I'm missing something very obvious. If any
more information is needed, let me know.

Thanks,
-Wes

Re: expected form elements, additional id requested

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.
You may want to use the FormConditional component in contrib that will take of this for you. If you
insist on using the Conditional, make sure the value for the editing property is the same in both
the render and the rewind phases (please see the docs for more details on this).

-Harish