Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/18 07:22:48 UTC

jackpot rules

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone beside me is using jackpot hint files for
refactoring tasks? ;)

I collected some refactoring rules I wrote over the years which are not
project specific (so that it makes sense to share them) and put them
into a repository. I probably have some more, I just couldn't find them:

https://github.com/mbien/jackpot-inspections

(contributions welcome, see the TODOs in the files on rules which i
couldn't figure out how to write, or hit a limitation of jackpot)

(thanks to Jan Lahoda for showing me some tricks)

They usually don't overlap with the rules NetBeans is already providing.
Those which did, I tried to update in NB directly:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3164

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3160

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3166

another draft PR which intends to make writing hints a bit more convenient

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3171

NB 12.5 is also the first version which automatically migrates custom
rules from your old config folder on first start - so you don't have to
do that by hand anymore.

best regards,

michael

- - -

https://mbien.dev

Re: jackpot rules

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
Dne sobota 18. září 2021 17:41:30 CEST, Michael Bien napsal(a):
> thats good to know. i was using archive.org once to read up a few things
> on the old wiki.

I am glad there is an interest in Jackpot, but guys: Don't forget the new page
https://netbeans.apache.org/jackpot/index.html is in Git (click the  "See this
page in GitHub" link) and everyone can make it better.

I hope you only use the archives to copy the content to the new documentation
home!

-jt

Re: jackpot rules

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.
thats good to know. i was using archive.org once to read up a few things
on the old wiki.

-mbien

Re: jackpot rules

Posted by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com>.