Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by David Smiley <ds...@apache.org> on 2020/09/04 04:12:57 UTC

Re: What is the Best way to block certain types of queries/ query patterns in Solr?

The general assumption in deploying a search platform is that you are going
to front it with a service you write that has the search features you care
about, and only those.  Only this service or other administrative functions
should reach Solr.  Be wary of making your service so flexible to support
arbitrary parameters you pass to Solr as-is that you don't know about in
advance (i.e. use an allow-list).

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley