Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ryan Fong <ry...@workday.com> on 2015/10/29 19:09:32 UTC

Tomcat 7.0.66 expected release date?

G'day. I'd like to know if there is an expected release date for Tomcat 7.0.66. I was unable to locate a build schedule or calendar for Tomcat. Thank you.

Re: Tomcat 7.0.66 expected release date?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 29/10/2015 18:09, Ryan Fong wrote:
> G'day. I'd like to know if there is an expected release date for Tomcat 7.0.66.

No.

Releases happen roughly monthly but that can vary due to a variety of
factors. 7.0.65 was second week of October so probably by the end of
November for 7.0.66. But there is no guarantee on that.

> I was unable to locate a build schedule or calendar for Tomcat.

Correct. No such schedule exists.

Very roughly, 8.0.x releases monthly around end of week 1 / start of
week 2 depending on how long it takes to fix the remaining open bugs
come the end of the month. 7.0.x normally releases a week or so later.
6.0.x releases roughly every 6 months or so.

All of this also depends on the availability of the volunteers acting as
release managers.

Mark