Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pe...@gmx.net on 2008/10/16 11:37:27 UTC

Running compiled tests against a fat-jar

Hey,

I am building a fat-jar bundling all dependencies using an Maven assembly plugin.  To ensure afterwards that this jar is tested I would like to run all its tests against the jar file.

I played around with the surefire:plugin and additionalClasspathElements plus testClassDirectory - without any significant success - at the moment I am using an maven-antrun plugin and utilising the junit task - BUT my maven build wont fail if I have an error in the junit task :-(.

Tried using errorproperty of the junit task and set the maevn.test.haltafterError property to true ... still the outcome of my maven build will be always successful even my junit task finds errors.  And because the maven build is successful my build server wont tell me that it has problems.

Anyone any idea ....

Thanks Perron

Re: Running compiled tests against a fat-jar

Posted by Perron <Pe...@gmx.net>.
Hey Wayne,

scrap my comments about chaining up the Maven and the Ant task - figured out
what you meant by that using a Build a free-style software project and
adding additional Build steps in.

Still wonder if there is a better way of doing the job.

Perron

Posted by Perron <Pe...@gmx.net>.
Hey Wayne

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.