Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Eric Everman <ev...@precedadesign.com> on 2003/04/25 20:33:08 UTC

parameter vs property-specification

I believe I've been using these correctly, but certainly with a bit of
uncertainty.  How are the semantics of <parameter> vs.
<property-specification> different for a component-specification?

Part of my confusion is the names - I would have assumed that parameters
would always be 'in', i.e. parameters.  Properties would be the more
generic _properties_, possibly accessible in forms, yet it is the
*parameters* that have the form option.  Also, is there a reason why one is
a "-specification" and the other not?

A related question:  The documentation for <parameter> talks about some
distinctions for 'auto'.  Why can auto only be used for required
parameters?  How is a "synthetic wrapper property" different then a
"subclass that contains the implementation"?

Thanks for your help,

Eric Everman

Preceda Design LLC
www.precedadesign.com

Re: parameter vs property-specification

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com>.
Its not schema per se thats the problem. I'm sure that I could make the new
Spindle work with it. Its just that I finished my custom parser impl a while
ago and am knee deep in the project builder. Rather not revisit working code
and introduce more delay.

Like there hasn't been enough delay already!

And Howard.. Thanks for not making Components specless! I really mean it.
Specless pages are tough enough to separate from ordinary templates.

Geoff

Posted by Christian Sell <ch...@netcologne.de>.

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
No, that's blue sky talk.  No intention of switching from DTD at this time.

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com>.

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.