Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by James <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2014/10/20 15:11:12 UTC

checkout in several folders

I need to check out a big project. There are 5 folders under the top level folder in the project.
If I checkout from the top level folders, I have one .svn folder just under the top level folder.
If I checkout separately folder by folder, there is one .svn for EACH of the subfolder.
My question is which way I should go?
If I checkout folder by folder now,  and then checkout again at the top level one day later, are there duplicated .svn folders then?

Thanks.

James

RE: checkout in several folders

Posted by David Aldrich <Da...@EMEA.NEC.COM>.
Hi James

I suggest you check out from the top but use a 'sparse checkout'. See the manual for what that means.

BR

David

Click here<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/aJk5H87jxCPGX2PQPOmvUg0KooX!PhOybRXRlS0uMhIuhMqQd3d4E8cxPonRMIDN+WfDjxX7SS4hei1KLnaPDA==> to report this email as spam.