Posted to dev@ozone.apache.org by ASHISH KUMAR <as...@gmail.com> on 2023/05/16 06:16:54 UTC

Solution Review for HDDS-6610(Recursive list/delete fails with Bucket types OBS)

Hi All,

Regarding HDDS-6610 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDDS-6610>, Please help to review the different solutions proposed.
Different solutions <https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/13058237/HDDS-6610-Solution_Review.docx> proposed is attached in Jira.

Issue: Recursive list/delete fails with Bucket types OBS.

Regards,
Ashish Kumar

Re: Solution Review for HDDS-6610(Recursive delete fails with Bucket types OBS)

Posted by Sadanand Shenoy <ss...@apache.org>.
Thanks Ashish for the proposal.
IMO we should either support it (Solution 5) or not (Solution 3).  The
point around OBS buckets taking more time to delete its keys exists even
today for Legacy buckets.
Regarding trash not being supported at volume level, the volume delete can
be triggered only if the user consciously provides the skipTrash flag as a
way to make the user aware.

-Sadanand