Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Sirisha Dinavahi <si...@codeobjects.com> on 2013/03/18 17:32:14 UTC

Merging XFA PDF documents

Hi,

Can we use PDF Box to merge XFA PDF documents? We could not merge such documents using iText without first flattening them.

Thanks,
Sirisha.

Re: Merging XFA PDF documents

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi Sirisha,

PDFBox can help you to get the individual XFA content out and in (in can be done today only by using low level routines we are working on a slightly higher level method). The combination of the XFA has to be done outside (it's pure XML handling outside of the scope of PDFBox). To understand how form stiching works I think it's best to read the Adobe LiveCycle Assembler documentation on the topic.

With kind regards

Maruan Sahyoun

FileAffairs GmbH
Josef-Schappe-Straße 21
40882 Ratingen

Tel: +49 (2102) 89497 88
Fax: +49 (2102) 89497 91
sahyoun@fileaffairs.de
www.fileaffairs.de

Geschäftsführer: Maruan Sahyoun
Handelsregister: AG Düsseldorf, HRB 53837
UST.-ID: DE248275827

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi Sirisha,