Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/31 19:13:31 UTC

[Axis2][security]Secuirty for output only

Hi All;

I need to add a SecuirtyToken for out put only (Client Side). There
are no secuirty Headers in the response. But When I engage security
module it fails at response flow saying no action item defined.

Is there a better way to do this without writing a new module with
only DoAllMessageSender?

Thanks
Srinath

--
============================
Srinath Perera:

Re: [Axis2][security]Secuirty for output only

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Srinath,

On 3/31/06, Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> I need to add a SecuirtyToken for out put only (Client Side). There
> are no secuirty Headers in the response. But When I engage security
> module it fails at response flow saying no action item defined.

The security module is meant to be used for the scenarios that comes
under WS-Security spec (1.0 and some of 1.1). If you engage the
security module and configure it ... your messages WILL contain a
security header.

> Is there a better way to do this without writing a new module with
> only DoAllMessageSender?

If you want to include a security token to the message you will have
to use the WSS4J org.apache.ws.security.message.WSSec classes and
construct the tokens supported by WSS4J (E.g. UsernameToken,
DerivedKeyToken, etc).

can you please describe what exactly you want to do?

Thanks,
Ruchith