Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jeffrey Porter <je...@metadyne.uk.com> on 2001/03/22 17:10:06 UTC

ANT 1.3 - JavaC - out of memmory, how do I specifiy more?

I'm trying to compile a bunch of code & I get the out of memory
message. How do I tell the javac command what memory size I want?

JP.

--
.........if in doubt, get a hammock

Re: ANT 1.3 - JavaC - out of memmory, how do I specifiy more?

Posted by Kai Bartels <ka...@picturesafe.de>.
On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 04:10:06PM +0000, Jeffrey Porter wrote:
> I'm trying to compile a bunch of code & I get the out of memory
> message. How do I tell the javac command what memory size I want?

Hi Jeff.

Since the compiler runs in ant's VM, you have to tell ant about the memory.
I did that in my ~/.antrc :
JAVACMD="/usr/local/jdk1.3/bin/java -mx400M"
export JAVACMD

If you are using windows, I don't know where you have to place this file. I
guess, it's documented somewhere. ;^)

greetinx, Kai
--
"Lawful, adj. Compatible with the will of a judge having jurisdiction."
                                                             <Ambrose Bierce>