Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Ghazi Triki <gh...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/17 08:52:16 UTC

Flex SDK Installer AIR 24 & FP 24

Hello,

Flash Player 24 and AIR 24 have been released, however they can't be
installed using Flex SDK Installer. Can anyone update the application files?

Ghazi Triki

Re: Flex SDK Installer AIR 24 & FP 24

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Part of the the 4.16 release has scripts in the ide directory (addAIRtoSDK.sh, setFlashPlayerVersion.sh) that you could run on an older version of the SDK  to get AIR 24 on OSX like so:
./addAIRtoSDK.sh 24.0 <path to FlexSDK>

You should be able to also copy the installer.xml for the 4.16 release (or release branch) into an older SDK and  run this (but I’ve not tested 100% that this works):
ant -f installer.xml -Ddo.air.install=true air-download -Dair.sdk.url.server=https://airdownload.adobe.com -Dair.sdk.url.folder=air/mac/download/24.0 -Dair.sdk.url.file=AdobeAIRSDK.dmg

It also possible to manually overlay AIR in the SDK it but some manual editing of configuration files is required.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Flex SDK Installer AIR 24 & FP 24

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Ghazi,

Unfortunately, AIR 24 is trickier than it used to be for Mac users.
AFAICT, the AIR SDK for Mac is now a DMG file and the install scripts
can't handle that.  We are trying to get Flex SDK 4.16 out the door and
the installer will handle the DMG file and then we'll add AIR 24 to the
list.  However, older SDK versions won't be able to install AIR 24.
FLexJS won't either until we update FlexJS someday.

-Alex