Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jerome Moliere <mo...@viveo-montpellier.com> on 2002/03/26 15:04:23 UTC

Filter - Tomcat 4.01 & Post methods

Hi all,
I'm using filters in Tomcat 4.01 (bundled with Jboss 2.4.4) for a while, I
just faced
a problem with filters applied on servlets using POST requests.
All other filters applied on servlets invoking GET methods work fine, but a
working filter (with some other servlets) while applied to a servlet with a
POST method just not work. It dumps an IOException: this inputstream has
already been closed.
This exception is raised from the org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestStream
like the following trace says:
     at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpRequestStream.read(HttpRequestStream.java:196)
         at
com.viveo.defmod.server.web.servlets.defmodobjecthandling.DefmodObjectHandling.doPost(DefmodObjectHandling.java:136)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
         at
com.viveo.mistral.server.actions.MistralActionsFilter.doFilter(MistralActionsFilter.java:90)

Removing the filter , this servlet works fine, the client invokation works
nicelly.

So have you any idea about this problem ?

cheers
Jerome