Posted to users@maven.apache.org by al...@bu.edu on 2006/02/01 17:21:55 UTC

Installing plug-ins manually

I have a server that is NOT connected to the outside world.  It is
completely internal use only.
I have a software package that I am trying to install (Cewolf).
Cewolf uses maven in its install.
However when I try to run the install Maven tries to connect to the outside
world to download the resources plug-in.  But since there is not connection
to the outside world, this download fails, and thus so does the install.

Is there any way to manually install this (and possibly others) plug-in?

Thanks.
--Alex

Re: Installing plug-ins manually

Posted by Richard Allen <ri...@gtri.gatech.edu>.
You could download the plugins' source code and execute:
$ mvn install

Or you could build Cewolf with Maven on a computer that does have access
to the Internet, then copy the local repository (~/.m2/repository by
default) to the computer that doesn't have Internet access, then execute
a maven build on that computer using maven's offline (-o) option.

Richard Allen