Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ernest Lergon <er...@virtualitas.net> on 2002/03/16 23:06:25 UTC

Minimum config for proxy+mod_perl / mod_define.so ?

Hi,

in a 2-server-on-one-machine-environment (proxy/mod_perl) I try to slim
especially the proxy httpd as much as possible by removing all unneeded
modules.

Please help me at 2 questions:

1. What is the minimum of modules to be loaded for the proxy and the
mod_perl apache? (Ok, I'm about to find out by trial and error, but
maybe someone has a working solution).

2. What is the purpose of this module:

LoadModule define_module /usr/lib/apache/mod_define.so

I can't find it in the docs.

I'm running Apache/1.3.19 on SuSE Linux 7.2 (i386).

Xanx!

Ernest

* VIRTUALITAS Inc.               *                                  *
*                                *                                  *
* European Consultant Office     *      http://www.virtualitas.net  *
* Internationales Handelszentrum *   contact:Ernest Lergon          *
* Friedrichstraße 95             *    mailto:Ernest@virtualitas.net *
* 10117 Berlin / Germany         *       ums:+49180528132130266     *

Re: Minimum config for proxy+mod_perl / mod_define.so ?

Posted by Ernest Lergon <er...@virtualitas.net>.
Oh, sorry, I forgot:

httpd -l gives:

Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c
suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/sbin/suexec

The rest is DSO.

Ernest