Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Muthu Ramaswamy <mr...@escalate.com> on 2008/02/01 03:42:44 UTC

RE: Name/Value Pair Issue.

Radu-

You could give me some advise. The following file works with the
generated XMLBeans:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<getSkuInventoryListResponse xmlns="urn:SkuInventory"
                  xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"

xmlns:tns1="http://util.skuinventory.webservice.app.dd"

	<getSkuInventoryListReturn>My Sample</getSkuInventoryListReturn>
	<returnListQty>
		<tns1:skuInvMap>
			<apachesoap:item>
				<apachesoap:key>Item1</apachesoap:key>
				<apachesoap:value>123</apachesoap:value>
			</apachesoap:item>
			<apachesoap:item>
				<apachesoap:key>Item3</apachesoap:key>
				<apachesoap:value>456</apachesoap:value>
			</apachesoap:item>
		</tns1:skuInvMap>
	</returnListQty>
</getSkuInventoryListResponse>

However, the following file DOES NOT work with the generated xmlbeans:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<getSkuInventoryListResponse xmlns="urn:SkuInventory"
                  xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"

xmlns:tns1="http://util.skuinventory.webservice.app.dd"

	<getSkuInventoryListReturn>My Sample</getSkuInventoryListReturn>
	<returnListQty>
		<tns1:skuInvMap>
			<item>
				<key>Item1</key>
				<value>123</value>
			</item>
			<item>
				<key>Item3</key>
				<value>456</value>
			</item>
		</tns1:skuInvMap>
	</returnListQty>
</getSkuInventoryListResponse>

Note: The difference is, <item> is not prefixed by the namespace:
<apachesoap:item>. This output is what I get from web services.

The request payload that I get from Web services doesn't prefix the
namespace. So, the name/value pair is null but I can see the content
through XMLCursor. Is there a way to ignore the namespace while loading
into xmlbeans for <tns1:skuInvMap>?

Appreciate your input. Thanks.

-Muthu

Posted by Muthu Ramaswamy <mr...@escalate.com>.
Thanks for the input, Radu. We are using Apache Axis and the services
generates the envelope without the namespace for troubled areas. Same
behavior with other web service engine such as IBM.

As a work around, I will use xmlCursor for the troubled areas. Thanks
again.

-Muthu

Posted by Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@bea.com>.
> [...]

> 	<returnListQty>
> 		<tns1:skuInvMap>
> 			<item>
> 				<key>Item1</key>
> 				<value>123</value>
> 			</item>
> 			<item>
> 				<key>Item3</key>
> 				<value>456</value>
> 			</item>
> 		</tns1:skuInvMap>
> 	</returnListQty>
> </getSkuInventoryListResponse>
>
> Note: The difference is, <item> is not prefixed by the namespace:
> <apachesoap:item>. This output is what I get from web services.
>
> The request payload that I get from Web services doesn't prefix the
> namespace. So, the name/value pair is null but I can see the content
> through XMLCursor. Is there a way to ignore the namespace while loading

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.