Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andre Groeneveld <an...@isservices.co.za> on 2006/02/27 16:53:20 UTC

reference-orientation

Hi all,

When using reference-orientation, can any one please tell me why I keep
getting an error saying: property - "reference-orientation" is not
implemented yet.

Thanks,

Confidentiality Caution and Disclaimer

This message and/or any attachment thereto ("the message")
contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the recipient named above.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
please erase it permanently once you have notified the
sender, per return e-mail, that you have received the
message in error.
Unless the sender is duly authorised by either the Telesure
Group, or any of its subsidiary companies or I.S Services
("the Group") to send this message and unless the content
of this message is also duly authorised by the Group, any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender and the Group will not accept liability therefore,
nor for any consequential damage arising therefrom.
Any recipient of an unacceptable communication, a chain
letter or offensive material of any nature is requested
to report it to postmaster@isservices.co.za.

Re: reference-orientation

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
On 28.02.2006 13:10:07 Andre Groeneveld wrote:
> Thanks, that works perfectly, is there a way though that I can pass the
> page-number through to the barcode generator?

With the Xalan or Saxon extension this is impossible because the barcode
is generated before FOP's layout engine kicks in. You'll have to wait
until I can commit my changes for barcode rotation in Barcode4J.

> And can you please tell me
> how it calculates the barcode number if checksum="add"?

For Interleaved 2 of 5, see here:
http://www.adams1.com/pub/russadam/i25code.html
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/barcode4j/barcode4j/src/java/org/krysalis/barcode4j/impl/int2of5/Interleaved2Of5LogicImpl.java?rev=1.2&view=auto

<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki

Re: reference-orientation

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
No, that doesn't work. There's no extension that would make Apache Batik
understand what to do with the http://barcode4j.krysalis.org/ns
namespace in the embedded SVG document. This namespace is only known to
FOP (i.e. it is usable only in XSL-FO but you're using it inside
SVG). You have to use the Xalan or Saxon extension from Barcode4J to
create an SVG snippet of the barcode which you can then rotate using SVG
commands. I wrote an example which does that. It can be found in the
Barcode4J distribution or through ViewCVS here:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/barcode4j/barcode4j/examples/xsl-fo/barcodes2xsl-fo.xsl?rev=1.2&view=auto

The next version of Barcode4J will directly support rotation. But the
code is not quite ready to be committed.

On 28.02.2006 10:16:14 Andre Groeneveld wrote:

> That works thanks, just one last question, will I be able to rotate a
> barcode this way? The coding that I've tried looks like follow:
>
>           <fo:block>
>                     <fo:instream-foreign-object>
>                          <svg:svg width="40mm" height="50mm"
> glyph-orientation-horizontal="90deg">
> 			 	<svg:g transform="translate(100, 0),
> rotate(90)">
> 					<xsl:copy-of>
> 					<barcode:barcode
> xmlns:barcode="http://barcode4j.krysalis.org/ns"
> message="#page-number#">
> 						<barcode:intl2of5>
>
> <barcode:height>10mm</barcode:height>
>
> <barcode:module-width>0.30mm</barcode:module-width>
>
> <barcode:wide-factor>5.0</barcode:wide-factor>
>
> <barcode:quiet-zone>15mw</barcode:quiet-zone>
>
> <barcode:checksum>add</barcode:checksum>
>
> <barcode:human-readable>
>
> <barcode:placement>bottom</barcode:placement>
>
> <barcode:font-name>Helvetica</barcode:font-name>
>
> <barcode:font-size>8pt</barcode:font-size>
>
> <barcode:display-checksum>true</barcode:display-checksum>
>
> </barcode:human-readable>
> 						</barcode:intl2of5>
> 					</barcode:barcode>
> 					</xsl:copy-of>
> 				</svg:g>
>                          </svg:svg>
>                     </fo:instream-foreign-object>
>                </fo:block>
>

> But I doesn't print a barcode at all.
>
> Can you please tell me whether it is possible of rotating the barcode,
> and if yes, will instream-foreign-object work in this case?

Jeremias Maerki

Re: reference-orientation

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Sure, you can rotate text in SVG documents embedded in
fo:instream-foreign-object elements.

On 28.02.2006 07:53:51 Andre Groeneveld wrote:
> Is there by any chance another way of rotating text in the FOP version
> that I have?
> Thanks,
>
> Andre groeneveld
> IS Services
> Tel: (011) 489 - 4117

Jeremias Maerki

Re: reference-orientation

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Ask yourself what "not implemented" means. FOP does not support it,
obviously. The good thing about your second question today is that I
know now which version of FOP you're using: 0.20.5. If you upgrade to
the latest release 0.91beta you can use reference-orientation because
it's implemented, there. Now, over to your previous question...

On 27.02.2006 16:53:20 Andre Groeneveld wrote:
> Hi all,
> When using reference-orientation, can any one please tell me why I keep
> getting an error saying: property - "reference-orientation" is not
> implemented yet.

Jeremias Maerki