Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net> on 2005/02/23 03:30:26 UTC

Re: svn commit: r13123 - in trunk/subversion: clients/cmdline include libsvn_client

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 18:21, sussman@tigris.org wrote:
> Author: sussman
[snip]
> -  /* Note: we have to be paranoid about checking that these are
> -     valid, since svn_wc_entry() doesn't fill them in if they
> -     aren't in the entries file. */
> -
> -  if (entry->name && strcmp (entry->name, SVN_WC_ENTRY_THIS_DIR))
> -    SVN_ERR (svn_cmdline_printf (pool, _("Name: %s\n"), entry->name));
> +  /* ### remove this someday:  it's only here for cmdline output
> +     compatibility with svn 1.1 and older.  */
> +  SVN_ERR (svn_cmdline_printf (pool, _("Name: %s\n"),
> +                               svn_path_basename(target, pool)));

This change broke switch tests 11 and 13 (at least on my build).  In these
2 test cases, svn info was being run on a directory, and hence, the
entry->name was "".  Therefore, the "Name:" was never printed before.
With this change, it's always printing the "Name:" line.

The attached patch works against ra_local.  I haven't tested it against
the other layers.

-John

Re: svn commit: r13123 - in trunk/subversion: clients/cmdline include libsvn_client

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Feb 22, 2005, at 9:46 PM, John Szakmeister wrote:

> I was so confused by your comment... then I realized I sent the wrong
> patch!  The switch patch was something I did a while ago to prevent
> switching files to dirs and vice versa.

Ha!

> Here's the real patch... all 1 line of it! :-)

Commit away.

Re: svn commit: r13123 - in trunk/subversion: clients/cmdline include libsvn_client

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.