Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by ADAMA COULIBALY <tu...@temple.edu> on 2012/01/15 01:07:25 UTC

getting start

Hi
I am new user for cayenne project
I just finish all the tutorial and now I don't know where to start
any help.

Best,

Adama

Re: getting start

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
Hi Adama,

If you have an existing database schema, you'll probably want to
reverse engineer it within Cayenne Modeler to bring in as much of the
model as you can.  If you are creating a new database, start
mapping/modeling the database (and Java classes) in Cayenne Modeler.
When you get both to a good starting point, generate the Java classes.
 Then you can start writing the application code to use those classes.

mrg