Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Greg Hess <gh...@wrappedapps.com> on 2003/03/11 15:37:48 UTC

How to use conditionaly required fields in validator?

Hi All,

I have seen in the Struts User's Guide
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/dev_validator.html new
support for conditionally required fields. I would love to take
advantage of this feature but am unclear how to implement this
functionality using the Struts validator. I can see from the example in
the user guide that the form should contain a property containing an
array of dependants that I believe would relate to a form field and its
dependants. This combined with adding the attribute
"indexedListProperty" referencing the dependants[] in a form field
validation definition. But I am unclear on how to use this
functionality.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Greg