Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Paco Avila <pa...@git.es> on 2006/04/12 13:35:04 UTC

my custom access manager

I am developing my custom AccessManager for my jacrabbit based project.
User access information is stored in the Nodes. So, I need to access
this Node Properties in my custom AccessManager. But I can't because
this property access is also checked for security access and will loop
until infinite :(

How can I access this properties without invoking the AccessManager
again?

Thanks in advance.

--
Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>

Re: my custom access manager

Posted by Torgeir Veimo <to...@pobox.com>.
On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 16:59 +0200, Paco Avila wrote:
> El mié, 12-04-2006 a las 13:55 +0200, Torgeir Veimo escribió:
> > On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 13:35 +0200, Paco Avila wrote:
> > > I am developing my custom AccessManager for my jacrabbit based project.
> > > User access information is stored in the Nodes. So, I need to access
> > > this Node Properties in my custom AccessManager. But I can't because
> > > this property access is also checked for security access and will loop
> > > until infinite :(
> > >
> > > How can I access this properties without invoking the AccessManager
> > > again?
> >
> > I think it's the general concensus that the best way to implement node
> > stored ACLs in jackrabbit 1.0 is to set up a repository listener at
> > application start-up that logs in with special credentials that your
> > access manager recognises and honours. This listener then keeps a map
> > ACLs, keyed on nodeid, which your access manager uses to get at ACLs
> > when authorising operations on nodes.
>
> Can I look at any source with sample code?

I don't have any AccessManager implementation like just yet. There was
another member of this mailing list who said he'd implemented something
along this line. Search the archives for "overwrite isGranted"; maybe he
can share what he's got so far.

--
Torgeir Veimo <to...@pobox.com>

Re: my custom access manager

Posted by Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>.

Re: my custom access manager

Posted by Paul Skinner <sh...@hotmail.com>.
You can use Acegi to provide user security and ACL's

http://www.acegisecurity.org/

--
Paul Skinner

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters