Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by rs...@hyperreal.org on 1998/02/26 09:24:30 UTC

Re: mod_rewrite/1234: Improper statck variable initialization in mod_rewrite

Synopsis: Improper statck variable initialization in mod_rewrite

State-Changed-From-To: feedback-closed
State-Changed-By: rse
State-Changed-When: Thu Feb 26 00:24:30 PST 1998
State-Changed-Why:
We now close this report because...
1. we never heard any more feedback from the user
   - especially the stack trace Dean wanted.
2. we never heard of such a problem except within
   this report
3. the regex(3) manpage states that while the
   0th element of pmatch is a special one it is _filled_
   by regexec and not read by it. The only requirement
   is that the pmatch argument points to a pre-allocated
   memory space. This is true for us.
4. The given patch from the submitter is non-portable
   and we cannot expect that even if it is portable that
   it would solve such a core-dump problem.