Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Greg Trasuk <tr...@stratuscom.com> on 2016/05/18 17:58:15 UTC

Re: SHA512 by default for GPG sigs

Hi Christopher:

Thanks for your involvement.  Apache Maven is one of many projects at the Apache Software Foundation.  Each project has its own mailing lists.  So your discussion should probably go to dev@maven.apache.org, which I’ve cc’d on this response.  If you’re not subscribed to that list, you probably should do that as well - check the Apache Maven web site (http://maven.apache.org) for more info.

Thanks again,

Greg Trasuk

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 18/05/16 18:58, Greg Trasuk wrote:

> Hi Christopher:
>
> Thanks for your involvement.  Apache Maven is one of many projects at the Apache Software Foundation.  Each project has its own mailing lists.  So your discussion should probably go to dev@maven.apache.org, which I\u2019ve cc\u2019d on this response.  If you\u2019re not subscribed to that list, you probably should do that as well - check the Apache Maven web site (http://maven.apache.org) for more info.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Greg Trasuk

I think Christopher is talking about the Apache POM and effect on ASF
releases for java-related projects that use org.apache:apache, rather
than maven development.

	Andy

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Yes, that is correct. I'm referring to the ASF-wide parent pom.

If I understand the situation correctly, releases of that POM are managed
by the Maven PMC, but because of it's utility throughout the ASF, Hervé
Boutemy had commented on MPOM-118 that it should be brought to the
attention of a larger audience. This thread is the result of his
observation. :)

But there is no harm done. Thanks for providing an opportunity to clarify.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Posted by Greg Trasuk <tr...@stratuscom.com>.
Whoops.  Sorry about that.

Posted by Greg Trasuk <tr...@stratuscom.com>.