Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by chinababuilla <ch...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/05 19:54:39 UTC

How to enforce authorization during session.createQueue() / createTopic()?

Hi All,

I have a requirement such that I need to know if the user has permission to
create a destination or not when I call session.createQueue() or
session.createTopic(). The default behavior is we will know that when
creating a consumer or producer but not when creating the destination? Is
there a possibility? if so how? I have referred the Security documentation
and it does not address this scenario.

In brief, I want admin entitlements to be enforced on create destination and
read/write entitlements to be enforced on creating
producer/consumer/publisher/subscriber.

Kindly note: I am not looking for the information on how to assign admin
privileges to user groups.

Thanks in advance
Chinna

Re: How to enforce authorization during session.createQueue() / createTopic()?

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 07/05/2017 04:29 PM, chinababuilla wrote:
> Thank Tim for the response.
>
> Yes I agree. But I wanted to check if there is any ActiveMQ Administration
> API that contacts broker while creating destination?
> Do you think there exists such API with ActiveMQ?

No, no such API such API exists on the client side.  You could trying
doing something using JMX MBeans but I'm not sure it will give you what
you want.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121

Re: How to enforce authorization during session.createQueue() / createTopic()?

Posted by chinababuilla <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thank Tim for the response.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 07/05/2017 04:10 PM, chinababuilla wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> I am using ActiveMQ.

Session createQueue and createTopic are local operations that don't
interact with the broker so there's no possibility to perform
authorization checks for these operations.  ActiveMQ creates
destinations on demand from a producer or consumer and only then
performs authorization checks.

Posted by chinababuilla <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim,

I am using ActiveMQ.

Re: How to enforce authorization during session.createQueue() / createTopic()?

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 07/05/2017 03:54 PM, chinababuilla wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a requirement such that I need to know if the user has permission to
> create a destination or not when I call session.createQueue() or
> session.createTopic(). The default behavior is we will know that when
> creating a consumer or producer but not when creating the destination? Is
> there a possibility? if so how? I have referred the Security documentation
> and it does not address this scenario.
>
> In brief, I want admin entitlements to be enforced on create destination and
> read/write entitlements to be enforced on creating
> producer/consumer/publisher/subscriber.
>
> Kindly note: I am not looking for the information on how to assign admin
> privileges to user groups.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Chinna

Which broker are you using ActiveMQ or Artemis?