Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/18 00:33:18 UTC

[poll] Future of portlets

The portlets integration is not something that is mainained very well,
at least I know nothing about it, and our ipmc members that do know
something about portlets are too busy with other things.

I tried to integrate the portlet examples into our main examples but
that didn't work. I know there are several people using the portlet
integration on the user list (we get enough issues and questions about
it), so discontinuing portlet support is not a popular option. And it
would cost us a feature checkmark.

I think that it is probably wise to move the portlet support out of
core to wicket-stuff where we can grant our users the rights to
maintain the support. If they find the time and make it work, the
better for them. If they make a consistent effort to maintain it, we
could always opt to have the portlets return to mammie.

What do you think?

Martijn

--
Learn Wicket at ApacheCon Europe: http://apachecon.com
Wicket 1.2.5 will keep your server alive. Download Wicket now!

Re: [poll] Future of portlets

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
OK,

I've extracted a new wicket-portlets project and it is available here:

* http://wicket-stuff.svn.sf.net/svnroot/wicket-stuff/branches/wicket-1.3/wicket-portlets
* http://wicket-stuff.svn.sf.net/svnroot/wicket-stuff/branches/wicket-1.3/wicket-portlet-examples/

I also updated our migration guide and send an adoption letter to the
user list for our 'orphaned' porlet support.

Martijn

Re: [poll] Future of portlets

Posted by Janne Hietamäki <ja...@apache.org>.
Yep, that should be all.