Posted to users@camel.apache.org by sbarie <sb...@mitre.org> on 2014/12/04 17:36:10 UTC

A restarted websocket endpoint no longer accepts client connections.

Created a simple route to consume messages from a websocket.  For example:

from (websocket://192.168.24.132:9101/mySocket)
.to(MyBean.class)

Route works great initially.  But if I stop the route and restart it.....the
route starts but clients can no longer connect to the socket.  If I restart
ASM the route once again works just fine.  Did quite a bit of searching but
was unable to find anything on this.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated....

Re: A restarted websocket endpoint no longer accepts client connections.

Posted by sbarie <sb...@mitre.org>.
Thanks for the timely response Claus.  It is greatly appreciated.

Re: A restarted websocket endpoint no longer accepts client connections.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yeah I have logged a ticket about this a while back. For example if
you try the camel-twitter example.

There is also camel-ahc-ws and camel-atmospwhere for websocket, they
may work better.
But of course if anyone got time to dive in and fix the bug in camel-websocket.

It used to work before a big commit to add SSL support in it

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 5:36 PM, sbarie <sb...@mitre.org> wrote:
> Created a simple route to consume messages from a websocket.  For example:
>
> from (websocket://192.168.24.132:9101/mySocket)
> .to(MyBean.class)
>
> Route works great initially.  But if I stop the route and restart it.....the
> route starts but clients can no longer connect to the socket.  If I restart
> ASM the route once again works just fine.  Did quite a bit of searching but
> was unable to find anything on this.
>
> Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated....

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com