Posted to discuss@petri.apache.org by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name> on 2020/06/04 01:04:55 UTC

Re: [petri] 01/01: Create info.yaml

gstein@apache.org wrote on Wed, 03 Jun 2020 13:41 +0000:
> commit a6c26f3b87fcde37774b1954cc2e029687bb35e0
> Author: Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>
> AuthorDate: Wed Jun 3 08:41:03 2020 -0500
>
>     Create info.yaml

?

Cheers,

Daniel

Re: [petri] 01/01: Create info.yaml

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
CTR. JFDI. We can always revise this stuff.

(there is a script over in Infra that we'd need to tweak, but that's easy;
I'll dig up the link for it)

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi Daniel,

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 8:42 PM Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 4:12 PM Sander Striker <s....@striker.nl> wrote:
>
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 4:43 PM Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org> wrote:

> > > Whimsy will be useful once you want to start the process of ICLA signing
> > > and apache Id creation.
> > >
> > > When do you expect to start that process with Buildstream?
> >
> > I'll take an action on that to get that started in the next week or so.
> > Any reason in particular to ask now, or just interest?
> >

> Account creation may be impacted, and need to be taught about the projects
> listed in info.yaml. Today, you can create accounts associated with TLPs
> and with podlings (via the web form). Gotta expand that to allow for
> Petri-based projects.
>
> Infra can work around any issues in the front-end, but it'll be easier if
> the account request form itself knows about Buildstream.

Perhaps a Whimsy JIRA is in order?

Be aware that while I am willing to help anybody who is interested in
implementing this function, I'm not interested in continuing my role
as a SPOF.  This means that something more than a "if anybody is
interested" heads up in #whimsy may be required, and overall the
implementation may take longer.  Please plan accordingly.

> Cheers,
> -g

- Sam Ruby

Re: [petri] 01/01: Create info.yaml

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sander Striker <s....@striker.nl>.
Hi Dave,

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 4:43 PM Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Justin,
>
> > On Jun 4, 2020, at 7:33 AM, Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 9:05 PM Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>
> wrote:

> >> ?
> >>

> > This file is apparently needed to allow infra and Whimsy tooling to work.
> > I believe that Infra has already updated their tooling to work with it;
> > we'll need someone to fix up Whimsy as well.
>
> Whimsy will be useful once you want to start the process of ICLA signing
> and apache Id creation.
>
> When do you expect to start that process with Buildstream?

I'll take an action on that to get that started in the next week or so.
Any reason in particular to ask now, or just interest?

Cheers,

Sander

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi Daniel -

> On Jun 3, 2020, at 6:04 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
>
> gstein@apache.org wrote on Wed, 03 Jun 2020 13:41 +0000:
>> commit a6c26f3b87fcde37774b1954cc2e029687bb35e0
>> Author: Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>
>> AuthorDate: Wed Jun 3 08:41:03 2020 -0500
>>
>>    Create info.yaml
>
> ?

In order to create mailing lists for BuildStream Infra temporarily added it as a podling to podlings.xml in the Incubator.

Greg created this yaml file in order to be the Petri equivalent of podlings.xml.

Is there anything you would like to see in info.yaml?

Regards,
Dave