Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Angappan, Siva" <SA...@ETS.ORG> on 2008/04/10 06:22:08 UTC

Attributes with "id" as name and same value causes exception

> Hi,
>
> If try to post a request with "id" attribute of parent/child having
> the same value, axis throws an exception. Is "ID" attribute is being
> internally used by axis as a key? If the "id" attributes has a
> different value, it is not failing. Please help.
>
> I found the following link for simillar issue in sun forum but no
> solution for it.
>
> http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=591008&messageID=307805
> 4
>
> JDK Version = 1.4.2, AXIS version 1.3
>
> If I post the below request..
>
> <soapenv:Envelope
>   <soapenv:Body>
>     <ping xmlns="">
>       <request>
>         <ScoringDimension code="abc" name="Siva" id="1">
>           <Band code="dc" description="test" id="1"/>
>         </ScoringDimension>
>       </request>
>     </ping>
>   </soapenv:Body>
> </soapenv:Envelope>
>
> I am getting the following error.
>
> xisFault
>  faultCode:
> {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
>  faultSubcode:
>  faultString: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
> java.lang.ClassCastException@70a64506
>  faultActor:
>  faultNode:
>  faultDetail:
> 	{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:D-AE555505
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
> java.lang.ClassCastException@70a64506
> 	at
> org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.
> java:221)
> 	at
> org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder
>
> With Kind Regards
> Siva Angappan
> SAngappan@ets.org

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or confidential information.
It is solely for use by the individual for whom it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly.
If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute,
or take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete it from
your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.

Thank you for your compliance.