Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Steffen <in...@apachelounge.com> on 2012/03/24 11:52:56 UTC

Proxy RemoteIP logging

Using mod_remoteip with  RemoteIPHeader X-Forwarded-For

With loglevel info every reverse proxy request is logged, and filling up the logs huge with no valuable info:

[remoteip:info] [pid 628:tid 1520] [client 188.93.10.56:50643] Using 188.93.10.56 as client's IP by proxies 127.0.0.1

I prefer to have it in log level debug, because the config already says that the client IP is forwared.

Steffen

Re: Proxy RemoteIP logging

Posted by Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de>.
<DR...@primary.net> wrote:

> >> +1
> >
> > I'd go for even lower -- TRACEn.
> >
> > If the user needs this information normally they can add it to
> > the access log format.
>
> +1

downgraded to trace1 and proposed for backport

Re: Proxy RemoteIP logging

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 9:08 AM, Daniel Ruggeri <DR...@primary.net> wrote:
>> On 3/24/2012 5:52 AM, Steffen wrote:
>>> I prefer to have it in log level debug, because the config already
>>> says that the client IP is forwared.
>>
>> +1
>
> I'd go for even lower -- TRACEn.
>
> If the user needs this information normally they can add it to the
> access log format.

+1

Re: Proxy RemoteIP logging

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.