Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Amira Othman <a....@cairosource.com> on 2011/07/29 13:52:24 UTC

[users@httpd] website performance

Hi all

I need to test web server performance to make sure that everything is going
fine. Any suggestions on how to test??

Regards

Amira Othman

Server Administrator

 <http://www.cairosource.com/> www.cairosource.com

6 EL Nil EL Abyad, Mohandiseen

Cairo, Egypt

Direct:     +2 02 3303 7175
Mobile:   +2 012 220 4165

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity
material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or
taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email
in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.

Re: [users@httpd] website performance

Posted by Ashwin Kesavan <as...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Amira Othman wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I need to test web server performance to make sure that everything is
> going fine. Any suggestions on how to test??
>

> Regards
>
> *Amira Othman***
>
> *Server Administrator*
>
> *www.cairosource.com* <http://www.cairosource.com/>**
>

> **
>

> 6 EL Nil EL Abyad, Mohandiseen
>
> Cairo, Egypt
>
> *Direct:   *  +2 02 3303 7175
> *Mobile: *  +2 012 220 4165
>

> The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or
> privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
> use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or
> entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have
> received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the
> material from any computer.

if you want to measure server performace mterics then you can use ab
(the program to do benchmarks by apache.org) . ab[1] is a program widely
used to bench mark web server performance. Not sure if this what you are
looking for.

HTH

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/programs/ab.html

--
*ashwin*
*kesavan*

  "if you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
Albert Einstein