Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Valdinei Rodrigues dos Reis <ne...@unesp.br> on 2015/03/26 16:51:26 UTC

How to import production VMs

Hi there.

How to correctly import a VM running in a external KVM(not controlled by Cloudstack) into Cloudstack?

Best Regards

Re: How to import production VMs

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hello,

Copy the qcow2 file somewhere on the web, then add it as a template in Cloudstack with the appropriate settings, then create an instance from it.
Once this is done you can delete the template, if you need to save space.

IPs will need some attention, I'm guessing you won't move those over as well.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Suresh Sadhu <Su...@citrix.com>.
+1 It will be good If we implement this .

Regards
sadhu

De: "Michael Phillips" <mp...@hotmail.com>
Para: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Enviadas: Quinta-feira, 26 de março de 2015 14:33:43
Assunto: RE: How to import production VMs

Not sure of the KVM equivalent, but with vmware I export the VM as an OVA, then create the new vm in cloudstack from a template, selecting the exported OVA file. Hope this helps...

Posted by Michael Phillips <mp...@hotmail.com>.