Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Antonis Tsakiridis <at...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/13 22:34:11 UTC

How to parse log4j log entries using latest log4j library

Hello all,

I have seen that in *older* versions of log4j it is possible to parse
PatternLayout log enties into LogEvent objects and that this is what
Chainsaw does internally using facilities like LogFilePatternReceiver, etc.

The problem is that I want to use *latest* log4j library and those
facilities don't seem to exist anymore. How could I do the same with latest
log4j? Isn't there a way to accomplish such parsing?

Thanks in advance,
Antonis Tsakiridis