Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by karl wettin <ka...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/12 22:51:16 UTC

Benchmarker

I can't get the benchmarker to start from ant. I'm running the
current SVN snapshot.

Lucene isn't found in the classpath. But where should I place my
lucene.jar? I see it beeing referenced to in the build.xml, but the
path differs from the dependencies in ./lib.

Please advice, I've been noob blinded level 2 by the ant script.

--
karl

Re: Benchmarker

Posted by Doron Cohen <DO...@il.ibm.com>.
karl wettin <ka...@gmail.com> wrote on 27/02/2007 01:04:57:

> But first I need to make sure I get it running without my changes to
> the code :)

Ok, this should be easy:
 - checkut current trunk;
 - cd to contrib/benchmark;
 - run "ant run-task";
This should run the benchmark-by-task and at the
end print something like this:

---> Report sum by Prefix (MAddDocs) and Round (4 about 4 out of 49)
Operation     round mrg buf runCnt recsPerRun rec/s elapsedSec
MAddDocs_2000     0  10  10      1       2000 133.2      15.01
MAddDocs_2000 -   1 100  10  -   1  -  - 2000 213.6   -   9.36
MAddDocs_2000     2  10 100      1       2000 346.1       5.78
MAddDocs_2000 -   3 100 100  -   1  -  - 2000 383.3   -   5.22

For start, is this working?

Re: Benchmarker

Posted by karl wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.
27 feb 2007 kl. 08.04 skrev Doron Cohen:
> Hi Karl,
>
> Seems I missed this email...
> What is the status of this, have you solved it?

I didn't do anything since I wrote this. If you have 10 minutes to
spare some day for guiding me in the output and code via voice
(skype?), I'd very much appreciate it.

Re: Benchmarker

Posted by Doron Cohen <DO...@il.ibm.com>.
Hi Karl,

Re: Benchmarker

Posted by karl wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Benchmarker

Posted by Doron Cohen <DO...@il.ibm.com>.
Hi Karl,

> Running (once) "ant jar" from the trunk directory should do it.

Did it solve the problem?
If so I would add a better error message for the case that the lucene jar
is missing.

Thanks,
Doron

Re: Benchmarker

Posted by Doron Cohen <DO...@il.ibm.com>.
Running (once) "ant jar" from the trunk directory should do it.

Doron

             karl wettin
             <karl.wettin@gmai
             l.com>                                                     To
                                       java-user@lucene.apache.org
             12/02/2007 13:51                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Benchmarker
             java-user@lucene.
                apache.org