Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Duncan McLean <du...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2006/01/26 11:51:26 UTC

aggregate field/combine question

Hi

I have an aggregate field which consists of three fields to accept
numbers.

When combined they form a date.

Question is if I set the overall aggregatefield's datatype to "date"
it causes the error:
"The result of the combine expression should be java.util.Date".

The combine expression is currently:
<fd:combine expression='Concat(day1,"/",month1,"/",year1)'/>

What do I need to do to put this in an acceptable date format?

Thanks

Duncan

Re: aggregate field/combine question

Posted by Jason Johnston <co...@lojjic.net>.
Duncan McLean wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have an aggregate field which consists of three fields to accept
> numbers.
>
> When combined they form a date.
>
> Question is if I set the overall aggregatefield's datatype to "date"
> it causes the error:
> "The result of the combine expression should be java.util.Date".
>
> The combine expression is currently:
> <fd:combine expression='Concat(day1,"/",month1,"/",year1)'/>

That should be expression='Date(year1,month1,day1)'

See http://cocoondev.org/xreporter/docs/core/exprlang.html for
documentation on the available functions in the expression language used.