Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by 徐景辉 <xu...@neusoft.com> on 2014/08/28 11:18:28 UTC

Hbase does not closing a closed socket resulting in thousand of CLOSE_WAIT sockets

Guys:

I got the fatal error: HBase dose not close a dead connection with the
datanode. And I have reviewed the codes of Hadoop 2.4.0/HBase 0.98.0. I
found the patched codes of
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-9393> HBASE-9393 and
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-5671> HDFS-5671 have added into
the release of Hadoop 2.4.0/HBase 0.98.0. These codes are in the end of
method getRemoteBlockReaderFromTcp() in class BlockReaderFactory:

      } finally {

        if (blockReader == null) {

          IOUtils.cleanup(LOG, peer);

        }

      }

So I guess a new bug lead my problem and I create a new issue
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-11833> HBASE-11833. Do you guys
got the same issue? If that, please let me know. Thanks a lot.

Problem Description:
This resulting in over 30K+ CLOSE_WAIT and at some point HBase can not
connect to the datanode because too many mapped sockets from one host to
another on the same port:50010.
After I restart all RSs, the count of CLOSE_WAIT will increase always.
$ netstat -an|grep CLOSE_WAIT|wc -l
2545

1.    netstat -nap|grep CLOSE_WAIT|grep 6569|wc -l
2545

2.    ps -ef|grep 6569
hbase 6569 6556 21 Aug25 ? 09:52:33 /opt/jdk1.6.0_25/bin/java
-Dproc_regionserver -XX:OnOutOfMemoryError=kill -9 %p -Xmx1000m
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC

I aslo have reviewed these issues:
 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-9393> HBASE-9393
 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-5671> HDFS-5671
 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-1836> HDFS-1836

is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
your system. Thank you.