Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2012/03/27 17:40:49 UTC

The state of Stanbol: comments on my draft are welcome

Hi Stanbol team,

I'd like to briefly present the current state of Stanbol at an IKS
meeting later this week.

Here's the items that I'm planning to mention, comments are welcome.

The first Apache Stanbol release is being voted on. Creating a release
that's compliant with the Apache License has been a lot of work as the
licenses of some dependencies needed to be clarified, and other
incompatible dependencies needed to be removed. The quality of this
release in terms of Apache compliance looks very good, which should
help make it accepted quickly by the Incubator PMC who's ultimately
responsible for accepting the release.

We've seen increased activity from people outside of the Stanbol
committers team on our developers mailing list recently. It seems like
quite a number of people are working on integrating Stanbol components
with their systems, which leads to improving our documentation based
on those user requests, and being exposed to new use cases which help
improve the various Stanbol components.

The content enhancer and associated components seem to be the most
popular as most of the user questions revolve around those.

Searching for "Apache Stanbol" on Google returns more than 36'000 results.

The http://stanbol.markmail.org/ statistics show a nice and steady
increase of mailing list traffic.

The http://svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/ASF/search?path=%2Fincubator%2Fstanbol
statistics also show a steady increase in commit activity, with about
a dozen active committers.

The release is the last step before graduating to a top-level Apache
project, which we expect to happen within 1-2 months as all other
graduation requirements are satisfied.

-Bertrand

Re: The state of Stanbol: comments on my draft are welcome

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bertrand,

that sounds pretty good to me, +1 :)

Tommaso