Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org> on 2005/05/07 20:54:42 UTC

[vote results] Removing author tags

Hi all,

Here are the vote results:
- removing people's name in author tags was voted unanimously with 14 +1.
- having no author tag at all obtained 12 +1 and one +0
- having "@author the Cocoon dev team" obtained 2 +0.

The choice is clear!

However, an issue that showed up during the vote was the necessity to
give credits to people that contributed to Cocoon. I'll start a separate
thread to discuss how we want to handle this, and the removal of author
tags will only happen after a decision on this subject, to ensure no
information gets lost (even if we have svn).

Another issue is the copyright notice in source file. As we don't really
what the legal wording should be, let's keep it as is for now.

Sylvain