Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com> on 2009/02/14 17:52:19 UTC

Inlining type=url features

Hey All,

I'm working on refactoring the gadget renderer for php-shindig to
accommodate for the upcomming 0.9 features like proxied content, data
pipelining, template parsing, etc.

While working on the view type=html rendering I was wondering, wouldn't it
be beneficial to inline the content of external features too?

At the moment there are 2 features that use external features, analytics and
opensocial-templates (which actually points to a svn url which I'm sure
wasn't made to be used as a CDN :). In either case I expect fetching the
content and including it in the inlining would save a few extra requests,
and thus a bit of latency.

Has anyone thought of doing this before and/or found any reasons not to do
this?

   -- Chris

Re: Inlining type=url features

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.
I'll make it configurable too then, thanks for the feedback!