Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Gregory Krasnow <ga...@STONEANALYTICS.com> on 2000/02/15 21:17:08 UTC

[Xerces-J] DOM Serialization

why is the DOCTYPE from an XML document not written out when the DOM is
serailized using the XMLSerializer?
Also, I cannot find a way to retrieve the public or system id from the
DOCTYPE node...

- Greg

Gregory Krasnow
Senior Software Engineer
Stone Analytics, Inc.
gak@stics.com <ma...@stics.com>
Tel: 858.503.7540 x204
Fax: 858.503-7541
www.stonenalytics.com <http://www.stonenalytics.com/>

Re: [Xerces-J] DOM Serialization

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>.
The way to retrieve a public/system id from DocumentType is DOM Level 2.
It is implemented, but is not available in the current DOM interface,
which is DOM Level 1.

The DOCTYPE should print if you're using the latest version from the
CVS, I'm not sure about the binary distribution.

At any rate, you might use OutputFormat to specify the public/system id,
if they are not known to the document.

arkin

Assaf Arkin                                           www.exoffice.com
CTO, Exoffice Technologies, Inc.                        www.exolab.org