Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/03 14:24:45 UTC

Re: Random2LruPageEvictionTracker causing hanging in our integration tests

Hello!

This is expected :)

I recommend decreasing the number of caches, grouping them into
cacheGroup's so that they share metadata, or decreasing number of
partitions in their affinity functions.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

If you have a lot of caches of uniform structure and low entry count, you
should use cache groups.

For unrelated caches you should not use cache groups.

That's the rule of thumb.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by scottmf <sc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ilya.  I tried all your suggestions and they work as expected.  I'll
close the bug.

WRT cache groups, what's the rule of thumb with using cache groups?  I read
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cache-groups, but I'm not sure on the
approach I should take.  Should I simply stay away from cache groups until I