Posted to users@maven.apache.org by tmaus <ma...@pirack.com> on 2005/05/11 10:35:30 UTC

Rollout - mechanism

hi there ..

using the jar plugin im able to create my jar based application ..

it is properly stored in the local rep ...

im looking for a plugin that helps me rolling out my final application
( i do not mean javaapp .. which unzips all dependencies and packs
everything together ) ...

what do i mean ????

all jars are now stored in the rep ...

my project knows about the dependencies needed to run my application ..

i would now like to collect all dependencies ...
and drop them in a destination lib directory ..
where the main jar can be called to start the application

is this a plugin to help me achieve this ??

Re: Rollout - mechanism

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
dont think there is one yet since it is not generic enough (IMO) to generalize
a plugin.

You can create another maven project which all your previouly buildt artifacts
+ dpendencies.  Then in your maven.xml create a custom goal to make
your desired runtime footprint. Take a look at maven-war-plugin's jelly
if you dont know to jelly it togetther yet.

And if you find it reusable, refactor the logic to become a plugin

-D