Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "stephan.gloor@gli.ch" <st...@gli.ch> on 2007/03/14 15:59:36 UTC

hotupdate in axis2.xml

Hello !

I'd like to redeploy a web service archive (.aar) during development
without restarting axis2 - this is to shorten develop cycle.

Altough in config/axis2.xml the parameter
    <parameter name="hotupdate" locked="false">true</parameter>

is set to true, Axi2 doesn't reload the web service class itself (pojo),
indeed it does reload the archive - so in the console i can see the
following output:
-------------- from axis2 console
14.03.2007 15:57:07 org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine unDeploy
INFO: Undeploying Web service  WeatherService.aar
14.03.2007 15:57:07 org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine doDeploy
INFO: Deploying Web service  WeatherService.aar
------

Is the classloader to be configured separately ? How ?

Thanks for any hint and kind regards -
Stephan Gloor, gli software eng., Switzerland

Re: hotupdate in axis2.xml

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Axis2 keeps track of the last changed time of the archives for the
purpose of hot update.. When an archive is updated Axis2 reloads the
whole service (Archive)..

What you are seeing is the expected behaviour..

thanks,
Thilina

Thilina Gunarathne  -  http://www.wso2.com - http://thilinag.blogspot.com