Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com> on 2013/09/16 11:52:54 UTC

Hadoop - Browsefile system error

Hi,
I've installed hadoop-2.1.0-beta version and configured. When i start http://10.108.19.68:50070 i'm getting the page. While clicking on the browse file system i'm getting dns unresolved host name error. I've given below the browser URL.
http://lab2-hadoop2-vm1.eng.com:50075/browseDirectory.jsp?namenodeInfoPort=50070&dir=/&nnaddr=10.108.19.68:9000
I check all the configuration files I've given the correct ip everywhere. No localhost is available. I've the host name entry in /etc/hosts file also with correct host name and ip address.
Please help me.

Thanks,
Manickam P

RE: Hadoop - Browsefile system error

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hi,
The 10.108.19.68 machine is my name node. when try open it browser i'm getting that error.

Thanks,
Manickam P
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 15:26:38 +0530
Subject: Re: Hadoop - Browsefile system error
From: jeetuyadav200890@gmail.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Hi,
>From where you are accessing this "http://10.108.19.68:50070 " URL?

RegardsJitendra

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hi,

Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 15:26:38 +0530
From: jeetuyadav200890@gmail.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hi,

Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 15:26:38 +0530
From: jeetuyadav200890@gmail.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hi,
I checked as you said i'm able to ping with my data nodes using domain name as well as with ip address.

Thanks,
Manickam P
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 17:16:07 +0530
From: jeetuyadav200890@gmail.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Hi,
Because you were are accessing name node through ip address not by domain name.may be you have some ip/domain resolver issue, can you please use ping by domain name/ip/hostname from all the nodes?

RegardsJitendra

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com> wrote:

hi,
It works. but why it is not coming for master node?

Thanks,
Manickam P

Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 16:53:31 +0530
From: jeetuyadav200890@gmail.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Can you try this from your web browser?
http://10.108.19.69:50075/browseDirectory.jsp?namenodeInfoPort=50070&dir=/&nnaddr=10.108.19.68:9000

Thanks

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com> wrote:

Hi Jitendra,
The below are the host entry in my name node. Here 68 is the name node and other two are data nodes. i'm having the same entry in data nodes host file.

10.108.19.68            lab2-hadoop.eng.com lab2-hadoop10.108.19.69            lab2-hadoop2-vm1.eng.com lab2-hadoop2-vm1

10.108.19.70            lab2-hadoop2-vm2.eng.com lab2-hadoop2-vm2

I tried to access the URL from master node. I used http://10.108.19.68:50070/ to open the file system.

Thanks,
Manickam PDate: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 16:02:44 +0530
From: jeetuyadav200890@gmail.com

To: user@hadoop.apache.org

If you don't mind can you please share your host entries from all the nodes?Also let me know from which host you are accessing the URL.

RegardsJitendra

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com> wrote:

Hi,
I checked the host entry. It has all the details. I checked my data nodes also even It has the proper host entry.

I don't have any clue here.

Thanks,

Manickam P
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 15:41:03 +0530
From: jeetuyadav200890@gmail.com

To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Hi,
Looks like your are using hadoop in Virtual environment right?

Make sure you have lab2-hadoop2-vm1.eng.dnb.com  domain and IP entry in your host file from where your are accessing http://10.108.19.68:50070 URL. I believe your accessing this URl from your physical box right?

Thanks
Jitendra

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hi,